Friday, April 4, 2008

The day after

So it is the day after our egg retrieval. It went really well and they worked so good with us because we had DS with us. I'm in love with the anesthesia....the best nap I've had in awhile. We arrived Wednesday night to our hotel about 10:00 and DS ran around around like crazy. Needless to say when it came time to wake up, we weren't very thrilled.

DH had a good report on his "part" of the procedure. We were excited since they said it was the best it has ever looked. Talk about a male ego boost! We all need that. I felt the same when they said my endometrium looked perfect! Yeah TEAM! They retrieved 20 eggs and were happy with that number since 4 years ago (in my 20's)we had 19.

We had a long drive home...I was a little quesy, but that went away shortly. I was a little short (ok alot short) with my family at times, but I just wanted to get home. I took another awesome nap at home. the rest of the evening and this morning, I've felt kind of sore, mostly crampy, but I don't need to take anything. DS convinced DH he wasn't tired and when I came out of my room at 4:30, he was sacked out on the floor. He has never fallen asleep like that. he is a bed sleeper and car seat sleeper only. I guess the day was long for him too.

As I was writing the last paragraph, the embryologist called with the report. I'm taking a breath of air right this very minute.....15 of 20 were mature, 15 were ICSId and 12 fertilized. I feel so blessed! I know it is still too soon to get way excited as we wait for them to grow, but this whole process is one step at a time and think it is ok to rejoice with each positive step!

I was so nervous last time about every step and my thoughts were so pessimistic. I was pretty beat up emotionally. I just wanted to be a mom and my DH to be a daddy. So much of who I wanted to be relied on the success of this treatment. Once again, it is so much easier to go through this with a child in my arms. As I waited on the table yesterday, Ds cuddled up on my lap and put his head on my chest. This was a precious moment and I'm so thankful for this.

Sunday is day 3 and they will call us in the morning and we'll know if we head down or if we are waiting for day 5. Schedule wise, day 3 works alot better for DH taking time off work, but in the scheme of everything, we just want what is best. I better get off the computer and talk to DH.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Megan,
Great update. I waited and waited. I'm so glad to hear things look SO GREAT! Hopefully you'll get time on Sunday to post. I can't wait to hear how those little embryos are doing!

You're in my prayers...

Megan said...

thank you for being so sweet through all this. It is funny that we really don't know much about each other, but have this huge thing in common. It is nice to have some support as the rest of our little world is clueless to what we are doing. I know I have been distant from friends and not available to commit to the things I normally do. I wish so bad I could say something, but unfortunatly I know the response I get. I think people are just really uninformed and scared to think outside of the box. I guess they don't have to because they are all pretty fertile. Yikes a soap box...all that to say your comments have been great!

Christine said...

OH, I'm glad I've been helpful. I'll be sure to keep you posted when we go through this in July.

Here's a picture of my little family since I feel like I "know" your's because I can see their faces. I'm the one on the right ;)

http://render1.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3Axxr%3D0-qpDofRt7Pf7mrPfrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQQQaxlGnxoe0xv8uOc5xQQQG0oQanGal0qpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gX0QQJQ%7CRup6GeQ%7C/of=50,590,420