Monday, April 21, 2008

i need a nap

We just said goodbye to my FIL this morning. We didn't tell him, but I'm afraid he might have thought I was not very hospitable. I definitely had no energy this weekend to hang out with the guys. I took a 2 hour nap on saturday and then went to bed at 9:00. I fought it yesterday not to seem tired, but I didn't do a great job. Zach finally told him this morning that I hadn't been feeling very good. It was a hard weekend to have company as my body is starting to do weird things. I'm praying that Sawyer will hang on to his naps for a few more months. I know that is alot to ask since most kids drop their naps by this age. I feel the best when I wake up in the morning and then I actually want to take a nap by 10:30. I'm still good on the nauseous thing. So anyway, I'm happy to have our house back so I can be lazy and not feel bad. Zach keeps laughing at me. he loves all the quirks that I have right now. It makes him so happy that there is going to be a baby.

I was asked 2months ago to do a devotion at our Women's Tea. I have been struggling with what to say as all this "stuff" has been on my heart and mind. I don't want the devotion to be about me and my struggles, but to talk about what God does in the midst of hard times. the peace that he gives us in the middle of our turmoil. I do want to tell them a little about our journey, leaving the technical medical part out, so they can relate to me that I've been through something hard. I'm kind of babbling, but hopefully you can catch a glimpse of what I'm trying to say. God does hear us when we cry out. The answer may not be as quick as we like or meet the criteria we had in mind.

4 comments:

BUILDING WITH 6 said...

Hey, do you think you could have more than one? Were you this tired with Sawyer?
I hope/pray my treatment works, but sometimes wonder if I can keep up with my kids I watch a few days a week. I guess we'll see! :) Hang in there!

BUILDING WITH 6 said...

Hey Megan! How are you feeling? love Kami

Megan said...

I'm doing great! I have queasy moments, but I'm thankful for them! We still haven't told anyone which is hard, but that was a reason we didn't say anything about our treatment. We wanted the chance to let it sink in first and have a few U/S. I have my 3rd beta tomorrow and then I guess if that is good, we'll schedule an U/S

BUILDING WITH 6 said...

How are things going? Love Kami