"I waited patiently for the Lord, He turned and heard my cry. He picked me up out of the pit, out of the miry clay, He made my footsteps firm. I will sing a new song, many will see and fear." Psalm 40.
We did wait, not so patiently, but a wait, yes. I was expecting the Dr. to call after 4:00 this afternoon, since my tests were sent from the collecting lab to the hospital than to the Dr. and then wait for a nurse to have a spare moment. I planned a busy morning with lots of errands and was shocked when my cell phone rang at Costco and it wasn't my hubby. I had already talked to him twice this morning already as he was just as antsy I was.
In the middle of Costco the nurse gave me the best news ever. There I was picking out bagels with streams of tears running down my face. I live in a smaller town and you always see people you know, so I had to pull it together. I'm sure I was getting looks as we discussed my additional suppositories and shots.
I know my blog was set up for the sole purpose to empty out my feelings and document an incredible journey no matter the outcome. I never expected to have the total blessing of a reader (now readers) that would encourage me and root for me the whole way. Thank you for your prayers and positive thoughts. It meant so much to have a friend through this ordeal. Thnak you for the advice of waiting for my results and not testing at home. My Dr. tests pretty early and my levels may not have even registered on a stick. My first beta was 35 and second 90. those numbers were really close to Sawyer's. All that matters is that it doubled!
I didn't come up with a creative way to tell Zach. When we've been through so much, I just wanted to tell him. I convinced him to have lunch with me so I could tell him in person. he was blown away.
I'm not sure why I felt so much calmer this time. God granted me a total peace and helped me rely on my intuition. For our frozen embryo tranfer, I was pretty negative. I didn't feel good about it the whole time. This time was so different! I was actually feeling like symptoms were starting this week, but I didn't want to read too much into it. I'm always tired at night, but this week I wanted to go back to bed at 9 am. My sense of smell is very heightened. My chest remains to be sore and grow(it didn't for the FET)I'm still crampy which I'm understanding to be the uterus stretching. Getting up at 3 am to go to the bathroom. I didn't have any morning sickness with Sawyer, so I wasn't really expecting that.
I'm so glad I get to post the news as we are probably going to wait to tell others. So YEAH! I don't think it has sunk in yet. I took a nap this afternoon and I thought I was dreaming that I got good news, but I woke up to the realization of truth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, Praise God! I can totally sense and feel your joy! I know that feeling so well! I couldn't help but fight back the tears! I kept checking today. I sent you an email too. Congratulations to you all! YEAH!!!
I understand not telling people....Trust me, I know!
We weren't going to tell people, but decided that because I watch kids, etc....they'd have to know because my mom helps me out when I have appts, etc.
We are not telling our kids though-just thought we would wait due to several miscarriages and all that goes with it. This would probably be our last try for a 3rd, so I'm praying things work. I know we already have one of each-so why ask for more??? We weren't thinking of having anymore until Jason had his accident a few years ago- made us realize even more the blessings of a family!
I'll keep you all in my prayers and pray for that little baby/babies inside you as well! Love Kami
Oh Megan! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!
I'm glad we could be here for you. I hope you can be there for me when we try again in June.
God Bless you, your little baby, Sawyer and your lovely DH.
I just keep coming back and reading and re-reading your post. I am so excited for you and I can't stop thinking about you guys!
Thanks for the sweet things you said about me reading your blog. It's weird how I happened to click on to your site so soon after you created it. I'm guessing you "know" Rachel from theknot. Weird how things are connected - when we're so far away.
Anyway, just wanted you to know you're still in my thoughts.
Actually, I don't know Rachel. I only commented that one time and I'm not sure how I found her blog. I was so intrigued by their struggle with adoption since we had attempted to do a private adoption this year that failed. Are you going to start a blog for your cycle? It was sure a nice outlet!
Post a Comment